The Lodge of Brotherly LoveDescended from Army Lodge #24Northern Light Masonic lodge located in Downtown Maumee Ohio was started as Free Mason Lodge #24 in 1813 at Fort Meigs. When the troops were disbanded after the war of 1812 the lodge was discontinued. A new lodge was petitioned by Lieutenant Almon Gibbs of Fort Meigs and a new charter was received on December 21 1818. The current lodge resides on that original location. Northern Light #40 is located in Northwest Ohio and is part of a proud Masonic community. It is often called the Mother Lodge because so many Masonic lodges in Northwest Ohio and Southeastern Michigan started through Northern Light. Northern light merged with Calumet Lodge #612 1997 and Sanford L. Collins Lodge #396 in 1995. Northern Light is also home to Royal Arch Chapter, Grotto, Eastern Stars, Cryptic Council, and Rainbow Girls.
The above caption, written with a quill, is from the heading on the first page of the first record book of Northern Light Lodge #40